Good morning, beloved,
I got to pause yesterday and breathe. It was lovely. A friend came in from out-of-town and stayed with us for the day. Her kids came and played with my kids. We sat in the backyard. I got a slight sunburn. I mean seriously. That is how long I sat in one place. It was unprecedented for my life lately. So this morning, I thank God for the gift of a day of rest and peace and a chance to say goodbye. They are moving…farther away. (To be fair, I moved away first..;) )
There are times in life where pausing, calmly breathing and enjoying the moment is just a good thing. Selah: pause, and calmly think of that! Right? We rush and rush and we forget the glory.
As I have told you, we are embarking on a study of Daniel and our memory verses this week are from Daniel 2.
20 Daniel answered, Blessed be the name of God forever and ever! For wisdom and might are His!
21 He changes the times and the seasons; He removes kings and sets up kings. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to those who have understanding!
22 He reveals the deep and secret things; He knows what is in the darkness, and the light dwells with Him!
If you don’t know the context of these verses, I would strongly urge you to click on that sweet little link before the verse. Suffice to say, Daniel’s neck is on the line in human terms but all Daniel can do is praise and worship!
Let’s look at these verses in detail and what they tell us about the God we serve and worship with Daniel! An interesting note..the book of Daniel was written in Aramaic.🙂 Why is that interesting because if you think about the rest of the Old Testament the general understanding is that it was written in Hebrew, right? So as I find these words..the translations are from the Aramaic which was the language of the Babylonians where Daniel and his friends were held captive…
- He is eternal. (Daniel, blesses the name of God forever and ever…noting His eternal attributes..)
- He is powerful and mighty.
- He changes (alters, transforms, frustrates) times and seasons. What about that global warming?😉
- He removes (to pass on, advance, go on, pass by) kings. (Presidents too…)
- He sets (to lift up, establish, appoints, to be made to stand) kings. (Congress, House of Reps, Judges, Doctors…)
- He gives (to place, lay (foundations)) wisdom to wise men. (All the wise men of Babylon were waiting for the wisdom and Daniel knew it’s source. So do you. So do I)
- He gives knowledge to those who have understanding (to be discerning, intelligent, discreet, have understanding, to show oneself discerning or attentive, consider diligently). Let us be a people who want to be discerning of God’s voice! Have a desire for understanding! Are attentive to the Word of God and consider diligently all that we are learning! Pray may it be!
- He reveals deep and secret things. He reveals..He uncovers what He wants the great mysteries…
- He knows what is in the darkness.( to be or become dark, grow dim, be darkened, be black, be hidden) Consider this beloved…Nothing is hidden from God.
- The light (daylight) dwells with Him. What can I say but glory? Light, dwells with Him…glory!
Pray on, beloved. Pray on…live in His Spirit.
Good morning, beloved of God,
These last two days have been a bit “sludgey”. Drudgey. And as I reflect on the busyness of the last few days, more and more I see glimpses of God’s perfect care for me. Ashes. Coffee. Sitting quietly alone. Conversation with old friend. Food made: yogurt, dehydrated apples..Coming home last night in the snow storm..no problem. Getting to the doctor 1/2 hour late because of the snow..their response? only for you..God’s grace. Mercy. People responding to my pleas for prayer. His kindness.. Noah’s response to surgery? Okay, Mom.
My heart could handle so much more with this perspective. It’s a God perspective. It’s His strength. It’s His hope. It’s His Spirit. Last night, He gave me a book as well by Carol Kent. And I was able to just laugh last night in the pitch black with only my cellphone flashlight and this book. She shared a Scripture that just blessed the socks off me. Allow me to share with you! Maybe this sounds a bit corny or strange but I think that when God wrote this Scripture through David‘s pen, He thought of the day when I would need to hear it.
4I sought (inquired of) the Lord and required Him [of necessity and on the authority of His Word], and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.(A)
5They looked to Him and were radiant; their faces shall never blush for shame or be confused.
6This poor man cried, and the Lord heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles.
8O taste and see that the Lord [our God] is good! Blessed (happy, fortunate, to be envied) is the man who trusts and takes refuge in Him.(C)
Did you need to hear that? Listen to His word! Every promise kept! Every need YOU’VE met! Faithful God!! I’m not going to beg God to remove my circumstances. He has me here for a reason and it’s GOOD!! Why? I’m not alone. Never alone. Each step is grace and hope. The darkness is dispelled and light pierces my heart. Love that will not let me go.
And guess what? When I opened Biblegateway today, the verses were put there for me. Were they put there for you too?😉
10For thus says the Lord, When seventy years are completed for Babylon, I will visit you and keep My good promise to you, causing you to return to this place.
11For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome.
12Then you will call upon Me, and you will come and pray to Me, and I will hear and heed you.
13Then you will seek Me, inquire for, and require Me [as a vital necessity] and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.(A)
14I will be found by you, says the Lord, and I will release you from captivity and gather you from all the nations and all the places to which I have driven you, says the Lord, and I will bring you back to the place from which I caused you to be carried away captive.
Pray on, friend. Pray on.