Good morning, beloved,
I got to pause yesterday and breathe. It was lovely. A friend came in from out-of-town and stayed with us for the day. Her kids came and played with my kids. We sat in the backyard. I got a slight sunburn. I mean seriously. That is how long I sat in one place. It was unprecedented for my life lately. So this morning, I thank God for the gift of a day of rest and peace and a chance to say goodbye. They are moving…farther away. (To be fair, I moved away first..;) )
There are times in life where pausing, calmly breathing and enjoying the moment is just a good thing. Selah: pause, and calmly think of that! Right? We rush and rush and we forget the glory.
As I have told you, we are embarking on a study of Daniel and our memory verses this week are from Daniel 2.
20 Daniel answered, Blessed be the name of God forever and ever! For wisdom and might are His!
21 He changes the times and the seasons; He removes kings and sets up kings. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to those who have understanding!
22 He reveals the deep and secret things; He knows what is in the darkness, and the light dwells with Him!
If you don’t know the context of these verses, I would strongly urge you to click on that sweet little link before the verse. Suffice to say, Daniel’s neck is on the line in human terms but all Daniel can do is praise and worship!
Let’s look at these verses in detail and what they tell us about the God we serve and worship with Daniel! An interesting note..the book of Daniel was written in Aramaic. Why is that interesting because if you think about the rest of the Old Testament the general understanding is that it was written in Hebrew, right? So as I find these words..the translations are from the Aramaic which was the language of the Babylonians where Daniel and his friends were held captive…
- He is eternal. (Daniel, blesses the name of God forever and ever…noting His eternal attributes..)
- He is powerful and mighty.
- He changes (alters, transforms, frustrates) times and seasons. What about that global warming?
- He removes (to pass on, advance, go on, pass by) kings. (Presidents too…)
- He sets (to lift up, establish, appoints, to be made to stand) kings. (Congress, House of Reps, Judges, Doctors…)
- He gives (to place, lay (foundations)) wisdom to wise men. (All the wise men of Babylon were waiting for the wisdom and Daniel knew it’s source. So do you. So do I)
- He gives knowledge to those who have understanding (to be discerning, intelligent, discreet, have understanding, to show oneself discerning or attentive, consider diligently). Let us be a people who want to be discerning of God’s voice! Have a desire for understanding! Are attentive to the Word of God and consider diligently all that we are learning! Pray may it be!
- He reveals deep and secret things. He reveals..He uncovers what He wants the great mysteries…
- He knows what is in the darkness.( to be or become dark, grow dim, be darkened, be black, be hidden) Consider this beloved…Nothing is hidden from God.
- The light (daylight) dwells with Him. What can I say but glory? Light, dwells with Him…glory!
Pray on, beloved. Pray on…live in His Spirit.