Saying His name and confessing your sin and becoming a clean woman of God sure does bring a smile to this chickie’s face!
15See that none of you repays another with evil for evil, but always aim to show kindness and seek to do good to one another and to everybody.
16Be happy [in yourfaith] and rejoice and be glad-hearted continually (always);
17Be unceasing in prayer [praying perseveringly];
18Thank [God] in everything [no matter what the circumstances may be, be thankful and give thanks], for this is the will of God for you [who are] in Christ Jesus [the Revealer and Mediator of that will].
19Do not quench (suppress or subdue) the [Holy] Spirit;
Friends, look at this section with me. Do you see any questions? Do you see any times where Paul says, if you like? When you feel like it? No way..this is how you do it. Here’s the list.
- No evil for evil.
- Aim to show kindness.
- Seek to do good to one another and everybody. (anyone left out there?)
- Be happy in your faith.
- Be glad-hearted..continually, always. (gee, anytime we get a chance to be sad?)
- Be unceasing in prayer. Pray perseveringly. ALWAYS.
- Thank God in everything. No matter what. Be thankful. This is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus..why? He’s the Revealer and Mediator of that will.
- Do not quench (suppress or subdue the Holy Spirit)
I might just print that list out and hang it on my computer and start chatting with me kids about this…:)
Pray on, friends. Pray on.